The way people are watching video online changes all the time. So it is crucial to get the basics right on your video promos. Too many businesses end up with old-fashioned, traditional corporate videos that are too long, too self-indulgent and fail to speak the target audience. Here are a few things to consider when you commission corporate video:
- A home page video is there to capture your audience and should be around 90 seconds long. It must persuade them they want to do business with you and need to spend more time on your site.
- Talk about the ‘why’. Why what you do makes you different from competitors.
- People buy from people so show them who you are and who they will be dealing with.
- Use client testimonials and case studies to let the quality of your service and your reputation do the selling for you
- People love to be informed/ educated. Create demos and helpful information to inside pages of your website and your YouTube channel. Otherwise known as content in marketing speak.
- Videos on inside pages play to an audience who has already engaged and want more… As long as these videos maintain interest they can be longer – 3-5 minutes long.
- Every company should have at least one video (if not several) on a branded YouTube channel to maximise SEO. Make sure every video you upload has a good title, a full description including a hyperlink to your website and relevant keywords that match your website SEO search terms.
I might add an 8. to that list – give your video a clear call to action – what do you want the viewer to do next? Call your sales team? Fill in a quick response form? Provide some data to enable them to see more web content? A business video is not there to look pretty people. It is a valid and vital marketing tool that should be working hard for you.